Medical Assistant Training
Central Career Schoolís Medical Assistant program is designed to prepare Medical Assistants as multi-skilled health professionals specifically educated to work in ambulatory settings performing administrative and clinical duties. The practice of medical assisting directly influences the publicís health and well-being, and requires mastery of a complex body of knowledge and specialized skills requiring both formal education and practical experience that serve as standards for entry into the profession.
At the completion of the program, graduates who have diligently attended class and their externship, studied, and practiced their skills should have the necessary skills to seek entry level employment as medical assistants.
Did you know?
What the U.S.Bureau of Labor Statistics says about Medical Assisting.
- Job opportunities should be excellent, particularly for those with formal training or experience ...
- Employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 34 percent from 2008 to 2018, much faster than average for all occupations ... ranking medical assistants among the fastest growing occupations ...
BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition: Medical Assistants (Selected excerpts).
- Take vital signs
- Apply principles of infection control
- Prepare and maintain examination and treatment area
- Interview and take patient history
- Prepare patients for procedures
- Assist physician with examinations and treatments
- Perform selected tests that assist with diagnosis and treatment
- Perform immunological and microbiological tests and record results
- Run an electrocardiogram (EKG) and record results
- Screen and follow up patient test results
- Maintain medical records
- Serve as liaison between physician and patients
- Use medical terminology appropriately
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical software and billing applications
- Processing insurance forms
- Medical front office management
- And much more!
During the externship phase of the program, you will gain clinical, laboratory, and administrative medical assisting experience in a medical office.
Search on Central Career School
- 1. Today's Most In-Demand Careers - Central Career School offers career training in some of today's high-demand jobs...
- 2. Placement Assistance -
Our placement staff is there every step of the way to assist you...
- 3. Financial Aid Assistance for Those Who Qualify - Our trained staff can help you identify assistance in the form of grants and loans from...
- 4. Career-Focused Curriculum - Your classes will center on your selected area of study, period...