Our dental assistant program provides you with the necessary knowledge and hands-on skills you need to assist a dentist in all phases of modern dental office operations.
You will possess the chairside skills and administrative knowledge needed to seek an entry-level position in either small or large dental practices as well as federal or state dental offices.
Upon completion of the dental assistant program, you will be eligible to sit for the N.J. Department of Environmental Protection's approved dental radiography examination. Once you have your X-Ray license, and with our career placement assistance, you will be on your way to seeking a successful career as a Dental Assistant.
Did you know?
What the U.S.Bureau of Labor Statistics says about Dental Assisting.
- Job prospects should be excellent.
- Employment is expected to increase much faster than average.
- Employment is expected to grow 36 percent from 2008 to 2018. In fact, dental assistants are expected to be among the fastest growing occupations ...
BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition: Dental Assistants (Selected excerpts).
- Take oral inspections
- Expose and process x-rays
- Take vital signs
- Perform CPR
- Sterilize instruments
- Prepare instrument trays
- Administer fluoride treatments
- Educate patients on proper oral care
- Schedule appointments
- Create patient charts
- Maintain records and supplies
- Work with insurance forms
- And much more!
During the externship phase of the program, you will gain clinical, laboratory, and administrative dental assisting experience in a dental office, under the supervision of a licensed dentist.
Career opportunities for Dental Assistants
Most Dental Assistants are employed by General Dentists. Some are employed by Specialist practices such as oral surgery, endodontics, orthodontics, prosthodontics and periodontics. Dental Assistants can also be found in group dental practices, insurance companies, hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and public health facilities
In short, Dental Assisting is a high-demand career which means excellent career opportunities for trained Assistants.
Search on Central Career School
- 1. Today's Most In-Demand Careers - Central Career School offers career training in some of today's high-demand jobs...
- 2. Placement Assistance -
Our placement staff is there every step of the way to assist you...
- 3. Financial Aid Assistance for Those Who Qualify - Our trained staff can help you identify assistance in the form of grants and loans from...
- 4. Career-Focused Curriculum - Your classes will center on your selected area of study, period...